Who we are
Camphire is located at the confluence of the Blackwater and Bride rivers, within a five mile radius of the towns of Lismore, Cappoquin and Tallow. This part of West Waterford is readily accessed by air from Cork airport and by ferry from Rosslare and Cork ports.
The organising committee is very grateful to the Wilks and Browne families of Camphire for their generosity in welcoming the International horse trials to the banks of the Blackwater river each year.
Camphire International Eventing is organised by the Camphire Organising Committee:
- President: Van de Vater
- Event Director: Paul Brady
- Event Organise: Allen Brady
- Event Secretaries: Colette Hughes, Amanda Moran and Kathy Casey.
- FEI Chief Stewart: Nicki Kelly
- FEI Technical Deligate: Des Hughes (AUS.)
- Cross Country Designers: Mike Etherington Smith CIC*** and Paul Brady * and ** classes
- Showjumping Designer: Ann Waistel
- Organising Committee: Pauline Gore Coogan, Allen Brady, Amanda Moran, Paul Brady, John Griffiths, Laura Griffiths.
- Camphire International Development Committee: William Wilks, Simon Kelly and Michael Coleman.
In addition to our core team, a fantastic team of experienced volunteers, ensure continued success of the event.